The HEAL Foundation is a non-profit charity that has operated in the slums of India since 2003. Our aim is to help individuals unite to overcome communal and personal challenges. HEAL promotes self-reliance by training destitute communities to solve their own local problems.
- Teaching health education and gardening
- Linking communities to local government and private resources
- Realizing community development projects
- Improving water and sanitation facilities
- Establishing primary schools for struggling children
- Organizing women’s groups to promote economic self-reliance
On a limited budget, we support 9 full-time staff in organizing networks of volunteers to reach over 30,000 men, women, and children in over 26 Indian slums. We hope to expand these efforts as funding permits.